Thursday, July 31, 2008

Live in Lampung 1990's

Salah satu pengalaman yg tak terlupakan


Once I lived in Suoh, Lampung many years ago, I happened to get stuck in this unkown, sleepy, little village, where almost nobody could even talk Indonesian language, where people still lived with no electricity, and only few of them had already had the privilege of seeing the moving thing called car.
I remember wandering through the rice fields at night looking at the stars in the sky, and listening to the crickets' songs. I remember trying to speak broken Javanese with the smiling people. I remember laughing out loud with the farmers while planting paddies in the fieds. I remember hiking through the hills and laying down on the quiet lake, captured the beauty in my heart. I remember thinking about the future and wondering about what kind of life I would have...
I remember those memories.

No comments: